Whilst rewarding, managing the delivery of a construction project can be quite challenging. In between striving to achieve milestones, supervising subcontractors, and managing your own in-house team, you still need to draw on your expertise to complete essential tasks such as preparing Commissioning Plans and finalising O&M Manuals. This can become quite overwhelming and time consuming; if you are reading this article, chances are you have already reached or are approaching breaking point and you would welcome the assistance of a qualified and skilled team member to provide a helping hand.
Traditionally when further resources have been required you may have turned to Seek and similar platforms to advertise for additional staff, however, in this day and age, team members don’t need to be in the same office to work together effectively. Outsourcing essential project elements to a virtual provider, such as the experts at Dewick & Associates, is an economical and viable solution. So, what are the benefits of outsourcing?
- Provides access to experienced and highly-skilled professionals, such as trained and qualified Engineers, familiar with the technical processes that form part of project documentation.
- Your in-house staff have an increased amount of time to concentrate on the core tasks for which they were specifically trained and employed.
- The turnaround time on project documentation is reduced as virtual team members focus solely on the task at hand, making them more productive.
- The integrity of project documentation is improved when adequate time is allowed in the project schedule for its compilation and quality control.
- Virtual team members become familiar with your preferred format and approach, controlling the branding utilised within your organisation.
- Provides flexibility and scalability, allowing your business to be more agile and responsive to market conditions and changes with minimal notice.
Project Managers must make countless decisions when delivering a project. It is reassuring to know there is an efficient and cost-effective option to resourcing when required.
Author: Kath Angus, Business Development Officer at Dewick & Associates