D&A has an exciting opportunity for an efficient, autonomous and diligent individual to join our growing team in Adelaide, preparing O&M Manuals, undertaking document control duties and some general administration tasks. Your experience within the Construction Industry and knowledge of Building Services is essential. The exciting role will develop with the individual as future opportunities arise within the company.
About Dewick & Associates
Dewick & Associates provide a practical, flexible and professional Technical Writing, Drafting and Mechanical Engineering service. Our team of experienced and dedicated staff specialise in Buiding Handover Manuals, O&M Manuals, Commissioning Plans, Mechanical Engineering and As Installed Drawings, providing an efficient and personalised outsourcing option to the Construction Industry.
About the role
D&A has an exciting opportunity for an efficient, autonomous and diligent individual to join our growing team in Adelaide, preparing O&M Manuals, undertaking document control duties and some general administration tasks.
Your experience within the Construction Industry and knowledge of Building Services is essential. The exciting full time role will develop with the individual as future opportunities arise within the company.
- Preparation of Building Handover Documentation, including but not limited to Building Handover Manuals, Apartment User Guides, Maintenance Matrices, O&M Manuals, Commissioning Plans.
- Creating manuals using the D&A system including technical writing of descriptions, scope of works, operational descriptions, maintenance, tech data tables and manufacturer’s literature.
- Production of final Building Handover Documentation and electronic collation of final manuals ready for issue.
- Coordination of the printing of Building Handover Documentation with external printing companies including final QA, issue of documents and coordination of a printing database.
- Provide support to other members of the team and general assistance as required.
- QA improvements – constant improvement of how manuals are written / created.
Key Selection Criteria
Your existing experience will be key in demonstrating your suitability for the role, specifically:
- Experience of Building Handover Documentation within the Construction Industry, specifically HVAC / Electrical Services.
- Highly organised and productive individual with strong time management skills, including the ability to work under pressure, juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Use initiative and show the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Strong accuracy with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with the drive to learn quickly and determination to succeed.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Forms, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Bluebeam and Gmail.
- Excellent English and written communication skills to prepare precise, quality correspondence, reports and manuals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships within the team and with our client base.
D&A operate a remote working environment, for the right applicant, we will provide:
- Part time / Full time role with a competitive salary to suit experience.
- Full training and support to achieve goals.
- Working at home position, Monday to Friday, with core hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm daily.
If you feel that you would make a significant contribution to this role, please send your CV (with references) and a covering letter which addresses the Key Selection Criteria and other attributes you feel will be of benefit to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Louise Gardner, General Manager, on 0417 447 317.
Please note, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
If you would like to view this as a PDF, please click here: We’re Hiring Technical Administrator