July 2022 | Outsourcing
OUTSOURCING: To obtain (goods or a service) by contract with an outside supplier
Companies generally outsource tasks to reduce costs, but there are a host of other benefits associated with outsourcing, such as:
- Providing access to skilled expertise, including trained and qualified Engineers / Drafters;
- Reducing in-house training requirements for specialist tasks;
- Improving internal staff utilisation so your team can work on the tasks they’re specifically trained for (i.e. PMs waste their management expertise when writing O&M manuals);
- Maintaining workforce flexibility by outsourcing independent tasks enables financial flexibility and business can be more agile to adapt to changing market conditions / challenges;
- Reducing turn-around times; specialists are more productive and are focused on the project at hand, not distracted by other tasks that need completing.
You may be reading this thinking, “This all sounds fantastic, we should do this more often, but isn’t this just another subcontractor to manage. Are they going to be responsive? This sounds too hard, let’s just continue doing it in-house.”
Well, let us take the worry of outsourcing O&M Manuals, Builders Manuals, As Installed Drawings and Mechanical Engineering for you.
Dewick & Associates have a dedicated team including Chartered Engineers and Drafters who are experts in their fields. We pride ourselves on making life easier for our clients, meeting deadlines and providing quick turnaround times. Manuals are generally completed in two working days but we have been known to deliver the same day if you are in a sticky situation!
Providing documentation is easy; we just need a specification and some drawings for us to provide a draft O&M manual. Final manuals are just as simple; we update the manual with any comments and then send for printing, so that manuals arrive neatly packaged on your desk. We provide a complete product you can send to your client with little effort from yourself. If you don’t want to be involved in the process at all, no problem, we can speak directly with your client to arrange the manuals and then send the soft or hard copies to them; we are here to make your life easier.