Located in regional Victoria, the Yarram and District Health Service originally commenced operation as the Yarram and District Hospital. The Hospital was inaugurated on 1st January 1912 and admitted its first patient in January 1917. In 1993, the Hospital’s name was changed to the Yarram and District Health Service.
The Service successfully secured a $4m grant from the Regional Health Infrastructure Fund to build a new integrated health centre in Yarram to replace the existing Yarram Medical Centre / Community Service building. The development enabled consolidation of primary care and diagnostic services previously delivered across four locations into the one complex.
The new, single-storey building has a footprint of 785m², with associated service connections / plant rooms (40m²) and a new covered link way (285m²) to the existing building.
The building incorporates chilled water / heating hot water air handling units and fan coil air-conditioning units which are served from a central thermal plant, pipework infrastructure and associated electrical upgrades provided as part of a separate project.
Dewick & Associates provided the Mechanical Services Commissioning Plan and O&M Manual for the project. The commissioning plan included a detailed project scope and description of systems installed, in addition to the requirements of the commissioning process, procedures to follow, inspection and test plans and commissioning record sheets.
Mechanical Services Contractor: JO Miller Group